- approx 500 poems and song lyrics,
- newspaper articles (news, entertainment, features)
- almost a dozen short scripts
- handful of short stories
- 9 three day novel contest entries
- approximately 16 feature scripts
- reviewed over 300 spec scripts spanning three peer review websites
- too many press releases, newsletters, web page content to list
- too many Briefing Notes, Reports, Memos, Correspondence, Powerpoint Presentations, Oral Presentations, Written Submissions, to list
Television – Western Cable 4 – over 150 hours of in studio (recorded and live broadcast) and on location – call in shows, themed talk shows, arts and sports events of local community interest.
Experience: sound, lighting, cameras, chyron graphics, editing.
Vancouver Film School – Filmmaking level one, class 16, 1992.
– Chrysalis – Self Produced short film
– Breast Implant Conference – Vancouver Women’s Health Collective – UBC Hospital produced documentation of the event – filmed and edited.
- news, arts, features and community beat – Xtra! West and Angles (also News Editor…)
- Arts Article – Surrey Leader
- Op Ed – Vancouver Sun
- news, photography, arts reviews at the student papers of Simon Fraser University, Kwantlen College and Sardis Secondary School.
Disc Jockey – SFU’s Campus Station – then called CJOR
Acting Classes and performances through High School and into University
Technical Theatre – university
Choir from elementary school through High School. Now a just in the shower or in the car sort of thing.
Marketing and Promoting Yourself as a writer
Leveraging Social Media – bonus social media tip videos from Suzanne Lyons, Snowfall Films & Flash Forward Institute
The future of autographs – & gaining fans (Shut in Stand Up)
Nina’s Rules of Writer-ing
- Writing is not talking about what you will write.
- Writing is for an audience, Journaling is for yourself.
It’s better to be an unproduced writer than an unproductive one.
When you write IT, it’s yours, when you sell IT, it’s theirs.
- To be sell-able, it can’t be about you, it must be about the audience.
- Understand the Demographics of your Audiences: Fan Core, Friends of Fans, General Punters, the Indifferent to the Hostile.
A blogdex of fiction blogs – short stories or short scripts, or anything to do with writing.
Writer Chat – conversations between writers and between this writer and performers. These chats span all my blogs, so offsite links are noted
Writer Chat 82 – Context and Subtext – Metaverse to Motifs
bonus: Writer Chat 81 – the Black List – Create a Verse
Writer Chat 77 chatting about chatting with writers (big name ones too!)
Writer Chat 76 “lesbian” porn – Shut In Stand Up
Writer Chat 74 – Breaking Up Is Hard To Do – the Digital Divide (Shut In Stand Up)
Writer Chat 73 – Writing What you Know (Lezflirt – Poly, D/L or just a cheater)
Writer Chat 71 – Zoetrope Office – Emergency Preparedness (Stand In Shut Up)
Writer Chat 70 – Promotion – self and cross supported (Screenplay Theatre, Ken Mora)
Writer Chat 69 – Geekdom (star wars, DVD special editions, fanedits, childhood science fiction)
Writer Chat 67 Equality and the Social Contract – Dianne Cameron, Stuart Creque
Writer Chat 66 – Silver Screen – with Gordon Meyer, PJ McIlvaine, Melody Simmons
Writer Chat 64 – Vicki Wagner – Bible as Literature – Supernatural Fantasy, not even historical fiction. …not.just.saying
Writer Chat 58 – PROFILE: Melody Simmons (novelist) bonus writer tip!
Writer Chat 55 – Publicity (shut in stand up)
Writer Chat 54 Gratitude and Sunshine (Living Well)
Writer Chat 37 – goofing around – but also an editing tip – don’t miss this one!
Writer Chat 33 – Heart Smart (Living Well)
Writer Chat 24 – why people shouldn’t piss off writers (Shut in stand up)
About Writing: Advice and considerations for newbies and word smithing
Art Therapy, Creativity and Recovery (Living Well)
Lesbian Movies – Cultural Connectedness (Living Well: Second Chances and to the Next Chapter
Queer Sensibilities – Queer Literati
Slash Fan Fiction (Lezflirt)
Where do you get your ideas from? Life and In Memorium: Debbie Knowlton-Taylor
Wordsmything (Shut In Stand Up)
Selected Writings by Nina Tryggvason
Confessions of a Teenaged Poet – Blog collection of approximately 500 poems – High School to College era
Shut In Stand Up – current day comedy writing
Lez Flirt – An ongoing manual and workshop to teach people how to flirt. Lezflirt Workshop 1994 through incarnations as a manual, a humour essay in Lezzie Smut (Vancouver lesbian porn magazine) then a website under Web 1.0 and re-imaged as a blog in Web 2.0, where Lezflirt 101, now includes 201, 301 and 401 level courses. All free and online.
Living Well – a sub blog of Nina’s Garden that is essay and information pertaining to health and well being pertaining to the individual experience of existence, rather than the more collective global view reflected on this main blog, Nina’s Garden.
Short Film Scripts